Indianapolis, IN 46226 US
JOB TYPE: Full-time
COMP: $18/hr. - $23/hr.
SHIFT: 2nd Shift
We are looking for experienced Voortman Machine Operators in Indianapolis. In this position you will be responsible for producing machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine. Prior experience operating Voortman Machinery required.
- Set-up, operate, and maintain machinery.
- Start machinery and adjust machinery when necessary to improve performance.
- Ensure that machines runs smoothly and at capacity ensuring production of high-quality products.
- Troubleshoot issues and perform maintenance.
- Perform quality control, follow reporting and record keeping procedures, and report problems to team lead and supervisor.
- Comply with all safety and health regulations.
- Clean machinery and maintain cleanliness in work area.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Technical School diploma/degree preferred.
- Previous warehouse/manufacturing experience.
- Experienced in CNC machine operation.
- Prior experience operating Voortman machine required.
- Stable work history.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to operate forklift and/or overhead crane a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints (material and part specifications, tolerances, and symbols).
- Recognize sheet metal types, gauges, sheet sizes, and finishes.
- Ability to use measuring instruments such a calipers and protractors.
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbal and written.
- MIG Welding experience a plus.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Personal Advancement
- Retirement & 401K