Nationwide, USA US
Our client is a Top ENR general contractor seeking talented Traveling Superintendents across the country. They offer a competitive salary + bonus, excellent benefits, and additional perks!
The ideal candidate has the following:
- 5+ years of Traveling Superintendent experience.
- Commercial, big box, tilt, self-storage light industrial, multifamily, student housing, distribution, mixed-use, life-science or pharma or retail project experience.
- Must be willing and able to travel regionally or across the United States depending on project.
- Looking for candidates currently working for a medium or large general contractor.
What you’ll do:
- Participate with the project manager in preparing a schedule of construction activities and their sequence, the organization structure, staff selection, and the manpower and construction equipment requirements of the project.
- Direct and control the total construction project to meet specifications and within the allotted time schedule in an efficient manner to produce the expected profit.
- Assist in the activities of the project manager/engineer in their duties including prompt shipment of materials and permanent equipment, in obtaining approvals of shop drawings and material samples.
- Coordinate the activities of subcontractors to permit them to perform their work effectively and to integrate it with project schedules and progress.
- Inform all supervisors and subcontractors promptly of any construction schedule changes.
- Assist in the preparation of all job progress and cost reports to accurately reflect actual costs.
- Review and approve all requisitions, field purchase orders, invoices, and other significant reports and documents.
- Cooperate with the owner and representatives, keeping them informed of construction progress.
- Cooperate with architects or owner representatives on an amicable basis, but in the long-term interest of the company.
- Hold jobsite meetings with project manager and the regional manager.
- Report regularly to the project manager to keep them constantly informed on job progress, plans, and problems that could significantly affect costs or schedules.
- Maintain a daily diary to permanently record all significant project facts, events, conditions, visitors, owner representative contacts, commitments, agreements, and approvals.
- Direct adherence to the company's safety program in all phases and areas of the project.
NCW is a professional recruiting, staffing, and talent solutions firm. Our team takes a customized approach to careers and workforce management by focusing on the development of our employees, the needs of our clients, and the streamlining of our processes. The NCW team brings over two decades of expertise to a mixture of industries including Insurance and Financial Services, Accounting, Finance, Tax, & Audit, Construction, Engineering, Manufacturing, Distribution, Supply Chain, and Professional Services.