Tool & Die Maker - 1st Shift
Indianapolis, IN 46205 US
JOB TYPE: Full-time
SHIFT: 1st, M-F (6am-2:30pm)
- Plan and perform a variety of machine and bench operations to alter, construct and repair a variety of tools, dies, jigs and fixtures.
- Judgement required to set up work following standard methods and procedures to close tolerances; perform some development work.
- Continuous mental or visual attention required.
- Work involves a variety of exacting machine operations where skill and knowledge of tool-making practices are necessary.
- Making correct decisions to fit, finish or assembling sequence are essential to produce workable parts.
- Light physical effort, planning or laying out work and performing machine operations.
- Repair or construct progressive dies, drawing dies, combination blanking or forming dies.
- Work may involve some development work to work out mechanisms and details.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Understanding of mathematics, handbook formulas and trigonometry.
- Thorough knowledge of machine shop practice, principles of machine tool operations and mechanics, working qualities of materials.
- Equivalent to formal apprenticeship training.
- Minimum 3 years in machining and alteration of tools, dies, jigs and fixtures.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. safely without injury to self or others.
- Always maintain a clean workstation including testing equipment and surrounding work area.
- Must wear safety glasses or goggles while performing job duties.
- Requires leather shoes or boots at all times.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
- Personal Advancement
- Retirement & 401K
NCW is a professional & personable staffing + recruiting partner that has been in the talent business for over 20 years. We know what good talent is, and we know what employers are looking for! If you want to feel like you’re on a team and not just another number or transaction, you should apply through NCW. We prioritize people, not money (unless it’s going in your wallet) and do our best to make the hiring process as smooth as possible for everyone. Our motivation is to find a perfect fit for YOU! Leave the hunting to us.
NCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are vital parts of our culture and drive NCW’s growth. NCW Is an employer and business partner dedicated to elevating the quality of life of our employees, clients, and communities. You belong here.