Boston, MA 02169 US
- 5+ years of Superintendent experience.
- Higher education, K12, multifamily, student housing, mixed-use, life-science, or pharma project experience.
- Participate with the project manager in preparing a schedule of construction activities and their sequence, the organization structure, staff selection, and the manpower and construction equipment requirements of the project.
- Direct and control the total construction project to meet specifications and within the allotted time schedule in an efficient manner to produce the expected profit.
- Assist in the activities of the project manager/engineer in their duties including prompt shipment of materials and permanent equipment, in obtaining approvals of shop drawings and material samples.
- Coordinate the activities of subcontractors to permit them to perform their work effectively and to integrate it with project schedules and progress.
- Inform all supervisors and subcontractors promptly of any construction schedule changes.
- Assist in the preparation of all job progress and cost reports to accurately reflect actual costs.
- Review and approve all requisitions, field purchase orders, invoices, and other significant reports and documents.
- Cooperate with the owner and representatives, keeping them informed of construction progress.
- Cooperate with architects or owner representatives on an amicable basis, but in the long-term interest of the company.
- Hold jobsite meetings with project manager and the regional manager.
- Report regularly to the project manager to keep them constantly informed on job progress, plans, and problems that could significantly affect costs or schedules.
- Maintain a daily diary to permanently record all significant project facts, events, conditions, visitors, owner representative contacts, commitments, agreements, and approvals.
- Direct adherence to the company's safety program in all phases and areas of the project.