Project Managers manage the full life cycle of a variety of projects. They work closely with our customers and internal Acousti team members to ensure complete work on time, on budget and to our high-quality standards. It is the responsibility of the Project Manager to protect and promote the interest of the project and take actions as required to ensure that our customers receive the product that they want with the quality and detail that they desire. The Project Manager will have an advanced understanding of various standard and specialty drywall and drywall ceilings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review project scope requirements to identify risks and confirm expectations upfront with all others involved; provide clarity of scope, products, schedule, coordination, etc.
• Ensure bid proposals are accurate and project is delivered according to profit expectations.
• Ability to run a project from start to finish, establish a cadence of communication with the entire team, take-offs, material order, project management, project close/punch lists.
• Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
• Professional face to face customer interaction and sales involvement from initial contact through business closing.
• Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in gaining market share from competitors.
• Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
• Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, cold calling, email, networking, and other methods.
• Responsible for billing and collections by preparing monthly payment requests and following up with clients when bills have not been promptly paid.
• Maintain project control cycle by tracking the project schedule and project budget on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Strong ability to communicate with customers, vendors, subcontractors, construction teams and project management personnel on specifications, scope of work, cost, and performance challenges.
• Strong knowledge of drywall and installation and/or acoustical ceilings for problem-solving field issues during production along with identifying future challenges during the bidding phase.
• Ability to mentor and coach others.
• Project Managers should negotiate material buy outs to obtain the best price possible.
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
• Ability to understand, evaluate and effectively respond to customer proposals/RFP's for large renovation and capex projects, to include blueprints, specifications, and contract documents.
• Familiar with construction industry practices, methods, materials, installations, specifications, and conditions.
• And other duties as assigned by your Manager.
• High School diploma with proven experience, or associated degree with experience.
• 10 - 15+ years prior experience in Project Management of commercial drywall and/or ceiling projects.
• Familiarity with formal procurement and submittal processes such as RFQ, RFI, RFP.
• Ability to coordinate with Field supervision, Warehouse, and Administrative support staff.
• Strong Customer support & Communication.
• Proven experience with project management of commercial construction projects.
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills a must.