Shear Press Operator - 2nd Shift
Indianapolis, IN 46226 US
COMP: $18/hr. - $23/hr.
SHIFT: 2nd Shift
We are looking for an experienced Shear Press Operator in Indianapolis. In this position you will be responsible for producing machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine. Prior experience operating Shear Press, Break Press, or Voortman Machinery required.
- Set-up, operate, and maintain machinery.
- Start machinery and adjust machinery when necessary to improve performance.
- Ensure that machines runs smoothly and at capacity ensuring production of high-quality products.
- Troubleshoot issues and perform maintenance.
- Perform quality control, follow reporting and record keeping procedures, and report problems to team lead and supervisor.
- Comply with all safety and health regulations.
- Clean machinery and maintain cleanliness in work area.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Technical School diploma/degree preferred.
- Previous warehouse/manufacturing experience.
- Experienced in CNC machine operation.
- Prior experience operating a Shear Press, Brake Press, or Voortman required.
- Stable work history.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to operate forklift and/or overhead crane a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints (material and part specifications, tolerances, and symbols).
- Recognize sheet metal types, gauges, sheet sizes, and finishes.
- Ability to use measuring instruments such a calipers and protractors.
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbal and written.
- MIG Welding experience a plus.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Personal Advancement
- Retirement & 401K
NCW is a professional & personable staffing + recruiting partner that has been in the talent business for over 20 years. We know what good talent is, and we know what employers are looking for! If you want to feel like you’re on a team and not just another number or transaction, you should apply through NCW. We prioritize people, not money (unless it’s going into your wallet) and do our best to make the hiring process as smooth as possible for everyone. Our motivation is to find a perfect fit for YOU! Leave the hunting to us.
NCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are vital parts of our culture and drive NCW’s growth. NCW Is an employer and business partner dedicated to elevating the quality of life of our employees, clients, and communities. You belong here.