Multiple Cities US
We are looking for an automation sales engineer to assist with selling complex scientific and technological products or services. The Sales Engineer's responsibilities include maintaining extensive knowledge of the products/services parts, functions, and processes and assisting in closing sales where technical expertise may be required to fit the client’s needs.
- Preparing and developing technical presentations to explain our company's products or services to customers.
- Discuss equipment needs and system requirements with customers and engineers.
- Collaborating with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support.
- Generating high-quality sales leads, following up after initial contact, securing and renewing orders, negotiating prices, completing sales, and arranging deliveries.
- Researching, developing, and modifying products to meet customers' technical requirements and needs.
- Helping customers with problems with installed products or services and recommending improved or upgraded materials and machinery.
- Processing and logging client feedback and evaluating the data to create new sales and marketing strategies to target customers.
- Identifying areas for improvement and communicating these issues and possible solutions to upper management.
- Setting and achieving sales goals and quotas.
- Training other sales team members on the technical aspects of the company's products and services.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, marketing, business administration, or a related field.
- Experience in sales and the technology field.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service, and sales skills.
- The ability to relate technical information to non-technical customers.
- Excellent technical and problem-solving skills.
- Good leadership and team working skills.
- Willingness to continue your sales and engineering education.
- Willingness to travel if/when necessary