NCW https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63100/logos/ncw-logo-social-media.png https://www.teamncw.com https://www.teamncw.com true
Purchasing & Supply Solutions Field Rep - Remote
Remote- Purchasing & Supply Solutions Specialist
South Bend, IN US
Posted: 05/09/2023 2023-05-09 2023-07-01 Industry: Supply Chain/Operations Job Number: DK939163427
Purchasing & Supply Solutions Field Rep - Remote
Full Time (REMOTE)
Imagine a company that recognizes excellence in not only the products it sells, but also in its employees. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of quality and professionalism — and we treat our employees like the valuable assets they are.
Founded in 1954, a dynamic, North American distributor of industrial supplies. With 49 warehouse sites in the United States and Mexico, we maintain an extensive inventory of adhesives, abrasives, electrical, static control, tapes, labeling and safety products.
In addition to competitive salaries and benefits, we offer an environment that asks you to make a difference. We value hard work and common sense, and we consistently reward those that exemplify these traits. If you're looking for a great team to grow with and if you are willing to embrace the challenges of being expected to be the best, we welcome you to come join the team!
The Purchasing & Supply Solutions (PASS) Field Representative is primarily responsible for maintaining accurate inventory levels with our customers to ensure that optimal inventory is present and ready for use within their facilities. This is a key position for the organization, and requires the representative remain knowledgeable of the catalog and products to maximize the customer experience. Teamwork and communication are critical attributes for this position because the representative is expected to collaborate with the inside operations team and the assigned account manager to service the customer most effectively. PASS Field Representatives play a vital role and will work to increase sales and meet target KPIs through operational excellence and steadfast commitment to servicing our customers. This role is expected to adhere to all company policies and safety protocols.
***CANDIDATE WILL IDEALLY RESIDE IN ELKHART OR SOUTH BEND AREA***
***MANDATORY ON-SITE 4 WEEK TRAINING AT OUR INDIANAPOLIS LOCATION. MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT AND HOTEL ACCOMODATIONS WILL BE PROVIDED***
***THIS POSITION WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR TRAVEL TO AND FROM THE GREATER ELKHART AREA AND WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT***
Key Competencies Required to be Successful as a Purchasing & Supply Solutions Field Representative
- Manage Purchasing and Supply Solutions accounts to increase sales/SKUs through effective operational measures and ultimate customer service practices
- Maintain inventory in accordance with policies to ensure proper labeling, storage, handling, and packaging (including temperature and time sensitive materials)
- Proactively monitor inventory on-site and update min/max accordingly. Ensure adequate material is stocked and proactively search for alternatives if an item will be impacted to mitigate supply disruption issues
- Perform cycle and annual inventory counts in accordance with count schedule. Research discrepancies in cycle and inventory counts
- Analyze and investigate inventory variances. Implement corrective actions as needed to reduce/eliminate variances.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data to determine trends, variances, and tell the story of the data to support the sales.
- Actively drive productivity, quality, inventory control, and safety performance throughout the organization to ensure good service at the best cost to our customers.
- Review buying multiples, minimums, replenished forecasts, and vendor performance to optimize inventory performance.
- Maintain a daily inventory dashboard report that reviews supply-chain timing and projected inventory consumption to identify inventory gaps and constraints.
- Act as a first line of contact for the submission and resolution of product claims; answer questions for customers .
- Engage in regular, ongoing communication with inside/outside teams to effectively service the customer.
- Develop a general understanding of the major product groupings and products to effectively service, stock, and discuss while at the customer facility.
- Responsible for the loading the truck daily while following all truck safety procedures.
- Ability to operate standard warehouse equipment (i.e. forklift, hand truck, pallet jack, etc.).
- Ability to lift/pull/push up to 100 lbs.
- Other job duties as assigned
- HS Diploma (Required)
- Valid state issued driver license (Required)
- Minimum of 1 year warehouse experience (Preferred)
Skills That Will Make You Successful
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Results Driven
- Detail Oriented
- Hard Worker
- Strong Problem-solving
- Ability to work independently and within a team