The Quality Control (QC) Manager’s primary responsibility is to identify and mitigate risk during construction through the implementation of Nibbi’s Quality Program. The QC Manager will spend the majority of their time in the field on projects throughout the Bay Area. This position reports to the Director of Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC).
- Perform inspections during construction and oversee testing, especially regarding roofing, windows, doors, siding, waterproofing, and other areas of high risk.
- Provide equipment and/or system training to owners and building management.
- Manage warranty issues and repairs.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with clients, construction managers, consultants/architects/engineers, project teams, and subcontractors.
- Collaborate with project team members and field personnel.
- Promote standards of quality and safety.
- Representi in a professional manner.
- Participate in turnover of projects from Quality Assurance to Operations (Hand-Off Meetings).
- Participate in jobsite Pre-Installation Meetings.
- Perform field inspections during construction and create QC Site Inspection reports.
- Track rework items through to completion.
- Observe and monitor air and/or water testing of residential and commercial window systems.
- Develop and maintain a summary of project Lessons Learned.
- Continually expand knowledge of product materials and assembly procedures.
- Mentor QC Associate personnel.
- Attend company and industry events including meetings, trainings, workshops, trade shows, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum 3 years’ experience in a quality control role on construction projects or 5 years’ experience in a field supervisory role in the construction industry. Candidates must have knowledge of the industry trades, water penetration issues, and window/door/storefront installation procedures and warranty policies. Key competencies are initiative, organizational skills, effective communication, teamwork, dependability, and managing for results.
Bachelor’s degree in construction or engineering-related field or equivalent work experience.
Technical Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required. Experience using Procore and Bluebeam is preferred.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to conditions that include, but are not limited to, weather, fumes or airborne particles, exposure to dust and asphalt, and moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment. There may be occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals. Conditions can also include risk of electrical shock and risk of vibration. The noise level in the work environment can often be loud.
The Quality Control Manager is regularly required to:
- Walk, climb stairs, sit, and stand.
- Talk and hear at normal levels.
- See with close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and have the ability to adjust focus.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Use hands and fingers to operate tools and other business machines.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.