NCW https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63100/logos/ncw-logo-social-media.png https://www.teamncw.com https://www.teamncw.com true
Indianapolis, IN 46205 US
Posted: 05/15/2023 2023-05-15 2023-07-01 Industry: Construction Management Job Number: AS581056322
Software Knowledge: Procore Software, Sage Software, Microsoft Office (including Project), BlueBeam Revu
- Weekly Project Schedules
- Weekly Unit Turnover Schedule
- Weekly Commitment Cost
- Weekly Change Request Detail
- Weekly Cost At Complete (CAC)
- Every 3 weeks – Subcontractor Building Punch List
The Project Manager role is primarily responsible for the successful execution of construction activities required for a successful project completion. These tasks include a range of duties including scheduling, forecasting, budgeting, scope creation and management, site team coordination, problem solving, and detailed record keeping.
It is expected that a Construction Project Manager is a great communicator both written and verbally. This position requires a daily understanding of project activities and the ability to forecast. Project Managers should be expert anticipators, keeping “reactive management” to a minimum. All reporting and documentation required for success and organization are expected.
This position works in unison with the Project Engineer as well as the site field team. The Project Manager must work to foster a great working relationship with the Project Engineer and entire field staff. This team is in constant contact and are working to actively manage the project until completion. With that in mind, this position must use best judgment and discretion in decisions as well as utmost professionalism.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Act as Mentor to Project Engineers to further and assist their professional growth
- Proven working experience in construction management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Must be consistently detail oriented.
- Positive attitude.
- Relentless problem solving skills.
- Ability to anticipate.
- Understanding the difference between causation and correlation.
- We are all broom pushers. Every member of our team is willing to work and support at all levels.
NCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are important components of our culture and hiring practices. NCW is an employer and business partner dedicated to elevating the quality of life of our employees, clients, and communities.