Jacksonville, FL 32204 US
- Review project scope requirements to identify risks and confirm expectations upfront with all others involved; provide clarity of scope, products, schedule, coordination, etc.
- Ensure bid proposals are accurate and project is delivered according to profit expectations.
- Ability to run a project from start to finish, establish a cadence of communication with the entire team, take-offs, material order, project management, project close/punch lists.
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Professional face to face customer interaction and sales involvement from initial contact through business closing.
- Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in gaining market share from competitors.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, cold calling, email, networking, and other methods.
- Responsible for billing and collections by preparing monthly payment requests and following up with clients when bills have not been promptly paid.
- Maintain project control cycle by tracking the project schedule and project budget on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Strong ability to communicate with customers, vendors, subcontractors, construction teams and project management personnel on specifications, scope of work, cost, and performance challenges.
- Strong knowledge of drywall and installation and/or acoustical ceilings for problem-solving field issues during production along with identifying future challenges during the bidding phase.
- Ability to mentor and coach others.
- Project Managers should negotiate material buy outs to obtain the best price possible.
- Ability to understand, evaluate and effectively respond to customer proposals/RFP's for large renovation and capex projects, to include blueprints, specifications, and contract documents.
- Familiar with construction industry practices, methods, materials, installations, specifications, and conditions.
- And other duties as assigned by your Manager.
- High School diploma with proven experience, or associated degree with experience.
- 10-15+ years prior experience in Project Management of commercial drywall and/or ceiling projects.
- Experience with utilizing On-Screen Takeoff and QuickBid.
- Proven experience with project management of commercial construction projects.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills a must.