Laurinburg, NC 28353 US
COMP: $16/hr. - $18/hr. (DOE)
SHIFT: 12 Hours, (4:30pm-4:30am)
NCW is looking for a Preventative Maintenance Technician to join our team in Laurinburg, NC. As a maintenance technician you will serve as a vital resource in ensuring uptime of a variety of machines and equipment to drive optimum efficiency and productivity. A background in electrical and mechanical preferred.
- Carry out routine check on the company’s facilities.
- Carryout regular preventive maintenance on facilities to mitigate major damage.
- Diagnose and repair or replace worn parts in machine and equipment.
- Ensure that safety standards are maintained while performing duties.
- Ensure that the facility areas and work environment are free of hazardous objects and substances.
- Assist in supervising the activities of external technicians or sub-contractors.
- May be required to assist external technicians/sub-contractors.
- Assist in the preparation of budget for facility installation or maintenance.
- Keep proper record of work activities, including all procurement and maintenance costs.
- Submit reports on work activities and progress of work to the supervisor.
- May be required to assist in the movement of materials and labor for projects.
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience/Education in machine operation or repair preferred.
- Prior experience in work related field in warehouse/manufacturing needed.
- Ability to read and process written communication including work orders, frame prints, and measurements.
- Understanding and execution of machine operation and repair techniques.
- Welding competency and knowledge of welding systems.
- Must be able to operate appropriate equipment including repair tooling and devices, arc and MIG welders, band saws, acetylene torches, tape measures, etc.
- Ability to physically lift and maneuver weights more than fifty pounds.
- Must be able to operate a Lift Truck or Tractor, as necessary.
- Possess successful problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and easily adapt to changes through the day.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Personal Advancement
- Retirement & 401K
NCW is a professional & personable staffing + recruiting partner that has been in the talent business for over 20 years. We know what good talent is, and we know what employers are looking for! If you want to feel like you’re on a team and not just another number or transaction, you should apply through NCW. We prioritize people, not money (unless it’s going into your wallet) and do our best to make the hiring process as smooth as possible for everyone. Our motivation is to find a perfect fit for YOU! Leave the hunting to us.
NCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are vital parts of our culture and drive NCW’s growth. NCW Is an employer and business partner dedicated to elevating the quality of life of our employees, clients, and communities. You belong here.