Powder Press Operator
Indianapolis, IN 46205 US
SHIFT: 1st Shift M-F (6am-2:30Pm)
Looking for a Powder Press Operator for a full-time job opportunity in Franklin, IN.
- Ability to follow process routing and compare routing to prints.
- Basic knowledge of how to operate all aspects of machine.
- Check work with micrometers, calipers, or fixed gauges to close tolerances.
- Determine when dies needs sharpening.
- Detect faulty operation or defective material.
- Ability to confirm finished work meets print and routing requirements.
- Ability to fill out daily production sheets and complete process routing document and non-conforming material cards.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as required.
- Reports all unusual conditions to group leader.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to use shop mathematics.
- Accuracy in keeping records, counting and paperwork.
- Must be able to read and understand simple prints.
- Uses micrometers, calipers, and dial indicators.
- General mechanical knowledge required.
- Occasional lifting or moving heavy materials.
- Required to sit or stand and move about the department throughout the shift.
- Position will require long periods of standing.
- Exposure to heat and smoke during some production operations.
- Wear the required personal protective equipment including safety glasses; leather or steel toed work boots.
- Always maintain a clean workstation including machines and surrounding work area.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Personal Advancement
- Retirement & 401K
NCW is a professional & personable staffing + recruiting partner that has been in the talent business for over 20 years. We know what good talent is, and we know what employers are looking for! If you want to feel like you’re on a team and not just another number or transaction, you should apply through NCW. We prioritize people, not money (unless it’s going in your wallet) and do our best to make the hiring process as smooth as possible for everyone. Our motivation is to find a perfect fit for YOU! Leave the hunting to us.
NCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are vital parts of our culture and drive NCW’s growth. NCW Is an employer and business partner dedicated to elevating the quality of life of our employees, clients, and communities. You belong here.