NCW https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63100/logos/ncw-logo-social-media.png https://www.teamncw.com https://www.teamncw.com true
Missouri City, AB 77489 CA
Posted: 03/06/2023 2023-03-06 2023-04-26 Industry: Production Supervision / Management Job Number: MS31955636
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
Operational Excellence/Continuous Improvement
- Improve focus and execution of operations as well as establish and achieve cost reduction through improvements and transformations in processes, and labor productivity to markedly improve EBITDA.
- Lead the cultural and operational change associated with best-in-class operating/operations excellence and Lean principles.
- Build the operational excellence strategy, with discrete metrics, to target, track and measure the effectiveness of the transformation.
- Create transparency using data (KPIs) in a measurable way to achieve a specific strategic result that are relevant to the organization.
- Continuously improve the levels of customer service that differentiate Lufkin from the competition.
- Identify and lead team in achieving improvements in working capital turnover.
- Educate the team and further deploy standard costing methodologies to improve quality of operational decision making and ultimately drive improved margins.
- Develop a deep understanding of material cost components, to help reduce costs, and improve flexibility of supply.
- Determine and deploy optimal organizational structure to support operational needs.
- Build a high-performing manufacturing team using excellence in leadership, interpersonal communication, and decision-making ability.
- Ensure a cohesive and aligned leadership team that establishes and achieves aggressive stretch targets – both financial and operational.
- Work collaboratively with functional leadership and sales organization to deliver highest product quality and Lufkin’s exceptional customer service.
- Support and help build the company culture around winning and retaining best-in-class talent.
- Drive assessment of current talent, identifying areas in which bench strength needs to be improved to ensure continued strong performance.
- Attract and retain key talent by building career paths for high performers and providing opportunities for them to grow and move the business along faster.
- Be strategic in building the team. Recognize strengths and gaps quickly and ensure team members are in the right roles with the appropriate support.
Skills To Support The Role
- Analytical skills - Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- High standards - Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Ability to develop people - Coaches people in their current roles to improve performance and prepares them for future roles.
- Aggressiveness - Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Change agent - Embrace change and guide the organization through tough challenges while respecting the legacy and history of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of experience in an operationally intensive, customer-focused manufacturing environment.
- Experience and demonstrated success working with the Supply Chain team.
- Medium to Large plant management experience with a complex industrial product.
- Expert at leading change, especially change associate with CI, Lean, and operational improvement programs in an industrial environment.
- P&L leadership experience a plus.
- Experience and demonstrated success in industrial safety, quality management, customer service, talent management, project management, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement, inventory management, and asset utilization.
- Technical knowledge of engineering, machining, welding, steel, assembly, and/or stamping.
- Experience leading the people, process, and cultural changes associates with Lean.
- Turnaround experience preferred.
Our client’s proud past extends back to the early 20th century when they started manufacturing railroad and sawmill equipment. The company expanded soon after by pioneering oilfield pumping units in the 1920s. Today, we are a world leader in our field, providing precision-engineered oilfield equipment, products, and services to customers around the globe.