Indianapolis, IN 46202 US
JOB TYPE: Full-time
SHIFT: 1st, Monday - Friday
We are looking for a skilled Manual Machinists for a full-time job opportunity in Indianapolis. In this position you will produce or repair precision parts using both manual and automated equipment. The ideal candidate for this position will have previous manual machining experience as well experience with multiple machines.
- Review samples, drawings, or instructions to understand specifications of output.
- Set up, maintain, tear down manual mills and lathes.
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting and shaping.
- Determine and program size of batches, speed of machine, etc.
- Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects.
- Perform rough and final machining on tools and parts.
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products.
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages.
- Clean and maintain machine areas.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship a plus.
- Proven manual machining experience.
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders, etc.).
- Must be versed in using micrometers and calipers for parts measurement.
- Must be able to read blueprints, schematics, and manuals.
- Knowledge of the properties of metal and other materials.
- Basic math skills with analytical abilities.
- Experience on multiple machines is a plus.
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Personal Advancement
- Retirement & 401K
NCW is a professional & personable staffing + recruiting partner that has been in the talent business for over 20 years. We know what good talent is, and we know what employers are looking for! If you want to feel like you are on a team and not just another number or transaction, you should apply through NCW. We prioritize people, not money (unless it is going into your wallet) and do our best to make the hiring process as smooth as possible for everyone. Our motivation is to find a perfect fit for YOU! Leave the hunting to us.
NCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are a vital part of our culture and drive NCW’s growth. NCW Is an employer and business partner dedicated to elevating the quality of life of our employees, clients, and communities. You belong here.