NCW https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63100/logos/ncw-logo-social-media.png https://www.teamncw.com https://www.teamncw.com true
Journeyman Technician Shop
Indianapolis, IN 46239 US
Posted: 10/14/2022 2022-10-14 2023-07-01 Industry: Skilled Manufacturing Job Number: MP7106021011
Position Summary: Responsible for diagnosing and repairing material handling equipment brought into our shop for repair – meeting and exceeding customers’ expectations.
General Purpose: To support our company mission to keep our customers’ equipment running with the least amount of downtime possible.
- Must stay current with technical knowledge on products we support.
- Must ensure we use “safety” in all activities encountered throughout the day.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed to satisfy customers.
- Complete all service jobs that are assigned to you.
- Document all recommended additional repairs found, work with Shop Foreman on preparing a quote for a customer
- Communicate with the Shop Foreman, Shop Lead, and/or Shop Manager on any unusual service problems encountered or for any technical assistance needed.
- Attend service training classes offered to maintain knowledge of new products, or for refreshers on products not encountered too often.
- Complete and submit all paperwork daily for jobs worked on (time cards, maintenance reports, etc).
- Communicate with Shop Foreman as to the status of jobs assigned to you
- Offer assistance to other shop techs, as appropriate
- Keep the shop clean and organized – clean up spills (oil, etc) immediately.
- Always adhere to safety rules and policies at all times.
Essential skills and experience:
- Must have very good skills in repairing powered industrial equipment, with a minimum of two (2) years of experience repairing forklift trucks and/or other products we represent, including all types of LP Gas, diesel, and electric trucks.
- Must successfully complete any training courses required.
- Must be a good communicator – written and verbal.
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Basic computer proficiency and laptop fundamentals.
- Must own tools necessary to perform repairs, per our recommended tool list.
- Must be certified to operate material handling equipment.
- Commitment to company vision and mission
Nonessential skills and experience:
- Experience with welding and fabricating
- Trained in the complete rebuilding of major brands of equipment
- Awareness of lean business principles
Reporting to this position: no direct reports
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Physical demands: Employee lifts and carries up to 60 pounds on a very occasional basis, 5 - 30 pounds more frequently, and up to 30 pounds very frequently. The employee is required to frequently stand, recline (lying on their back), kneel, walk, twist, reach, and use feet to repair and operate machinery. The employee is required to occasionally sit, stoop, crouch, squat, climb, and crawl. Constant use of hands and fingers to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, computer equipment, and other office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have listening, speaking, and writing skills to communicate with customers and the service office. (NOTE: Refer also to the Functional Job Description document completed by Froedtert WARC for Shop Technician in April 2018).
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment can include loud noises and vibrations. Might be exposed to mists, dust, odors, or gases, and will be frequently exposed to moving machinery or parts, and power tools. When performing duties of this job, it is a requirement to wear Personal Protective Equipment whenever appropriate – including (but not limited to) hard hats, steel-toe safety shoes, and safety glasses.