Journeyman Road Technician
Indianapolis, IN 46239 US
- Must maintain excellent rapport with customers.
- Must stay current with technical knowledge on products we support.
- Must ensure we use “safety” in all activities encountered throughout the day.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed to satisfy customers, including off-hours emergency calls.
- Complete all service jobs that are assigned to you.
- Communicate with the Road Lead Technician on any unusual service problems encountered or for any technical assistance needed.
- Attend service training classes offered to maintain knowledge of new products, or for refreshers on products not encountered too often.
- Complete and submit all paperwork daily for jobs worked on (time cards, maintenance reports with customers’ signatures).
- Communicate with the dispatcher and/or service office as to the status of jobs and availability for new jobs.
- Identify jobs that should be sent to our shop for repair (due to complexity or safety reasons) and recommend they be sent in.
- Develop and maintain relationships with territory sales representatives to keep them informed of sales opportunities you might see.
- Always adhere to safety rules and policies at all times.
- Must have very good skills in repairing powered industrial equipment, with a minimum of two (2) years of experience repairing forklift trucks and/or other products we represent, including all types of LP Gas, diesel, and electric trucks.
- Must successfully complete any training courses required.
- Strong customer orientation
- Must be a good communicator – written and verbal.
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Basic computer proficiency and laptop fundamentals.
- Must own tools necessary to perform repairs, per our recommended tool list.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must be certified to operate material handling equipment.
- Commitment to company vision and mission
- Experience with welding and fabricating
- Trained in the complete rebuilding of major brands of equipment
- Awareness of lean business principles
- Physical demands: Employee frequently lifts up to 50 pounds, occasionally up to 75 pounds, and rarely up to 100 pounds. The employee is required to frequently stand, recline (lying on their back), kneel, walk, twist, reach, and use feet to repair and operate machinery. The employee is required to occasionally sit, stoop, crouch, squat, climb, and crawl. Constant use of hands and fingers to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, controls, computer equipment, and other office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have listening, speaking, and writing skills to communicate with customers and the service office.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment can include loud noises, extreme cold or extreme heat, and vibration. Might be exposed to mists, dust, odors, or gases, and will be frequently exposed to moving machinery or parts, and power tools. When performing duties of this job, it is a requirement to wear Personal Protective Equipment whenever appropriate – including (but not limited to) hard hats, steel-toe safety shoes, and safety glasses.