NCW https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63100/logos/ncw-logo-social-media.png https://www.teamncw.com https://www.teamncw.com true
Journeyman Field Technician - Cranes
Indianapolis, IN 46239 US
Posted: 10/14/2022 2022-10-14 2023-07-01 Industry: Skilled Manufacturing Job Number: MP2724611011
Position Summary: Responsible for diagnosing and repairing cranes and hoists on customer premises – meeting and exceeding customers’ expectations.
General Purpose: To support our company mission to keep our customers’ equipment running with the least amount of downtime possible.
- Must maintain excellent rapport with customers.
- Must stay current with technical knowledge on products we support.
- Must ensure we use “safety” in all activities encountered throughout the day.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed to satisfy customers, including off-hours emergency calls.
- Complete all service jobs that are assigned to you.
- Perform inspections, maintenance, and repairs on overhead cranes and hoists.
- Conduct on-site electrical, mechanical, structural, and electrical troubleshooting to determine the cause of equipment malfunction
- Update and maintain customer bearings and mechanical gearbox systems
- Consult with customers regarding repair and safety-related issues, and discuss recommendations to improve their material handling needs.
- Attend service training classes offered to maintain knowledge of new products, or for refreshers on products not encountered too often.
- Complete and submit all paperwork daily for jobs worked on (time cards, maintenance reports with customers’ signatures). Paperwork must be completed at the job site before leaving for the next job or going home.
- Communicate with the dispatcher and/or service office as to the status of jobs and availability for new jobs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with territory sales representatives to keep them informed of sales opportunities you might see.
- Always adhere to safety rules and policies at all times.
Essential skills and experience:
- Must have very good skills in electrical troubleshooting and mechanical repair. Some electronic experience is preferred but not required.
- Must successfully complete any training courses required.
- Strong customer orientation
- Must be a good communicator – written and verbal.
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Basic computer proficiency and laptop fundamentals.
- Should be comfortable working in elevated locations.
- Must own tools necessary to perform repairs, per our recommended tool list.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must be certified to operate material handling equipment.
- Commitment to company vision and mission
Nonessential skills and experience:
- Experience with welding and fabricating
- Trained in the complete rebuilding of major brands of equipment
- Awareness of lean business principles
Reporting to this position: no direct reports
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Physical demands: Employee lifts and carries in excess of 75 pounds on a very occasional basis, 25-75 pounds occasionally, and up to 25 pounds frequently. The employee is required to frequently stand, recline (lying on their back), kneel, walk, twist, reach, and use feet to repair and operate machinery. The employee is required to occasionally sit, stoop, crouch, squat, climb, and crawl. Constant use of hands and fingers to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, computer equipment, and other office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have listening, speaking, and writing skills to communicate with customers and the service office.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment can include loud noises, extreme cold or extreme heat, and vibration. Might be exposed to mists, dust, odors, or gases, and will be frequently exposed to moving machinery or parts, and power tools. When performing duties of this job, it is a requirement to wear Personal Protective Equipment whenever appropriate – including (but not limited to) hard hats, steel-toe safety shoes, and safety glasses.