Industrial Maintenance Technician
Indianapolis, IN 46268 US
JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
COMP: $31/hr. $36/hr.
SHIFT: 1st, M-F, OT
The Industrial Maintenance Technician will serve as a vital resource in ensuring uptime of a variety of material handling equipment to drive optimum efficiency and productivity. This role requires diverse skill sets to troubleshoot a variety of machines that are essential to maintaining productivity. As a Lead Maintenance Technician, you will provide essential guidance on repairs, delegate daily tasks, complete “end-of-shift" handoffs, and serve as the primary point of contact for Managers and Supervisors. Qualified candidates will have 2-10+ years of experience operating and performing preventative maintenance on various warehouse material handling equipment. Mechanical and electrical experience required.
- Maintaining building and grounds
- Performing carpentry work as necessary.
- Read blueprints and schematic diagrams to disassemble, assemble and troubleshoot machinery.
- Performing basic troubleshooting of HVAC equipment
- Performing other general warehouse tasks as assigned.
- Assembles and installs equipment and parts necessary to accomplish optimal production efficiency using available tools and supplies.
- Perform tasks related to muti-craft maintenance such as pipefitting, welding, electrical wiring and conduit assembly, fabrication, and equipment troubleshooting, etc.
- Work within precise limits, standards, or accuracy.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance inspections and repairs assigned.
- Operate equipment when necessary to support production.
- A High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
- 2-10+ years of experience operating and performing preventative maintenance on various warehouse material handling equipment
- Working knowledge of PLC controlled equipment with the ability to troubleshoot and repair this type of equipment.
- Fabrication skills including but not limited to welding, grinding, cutting, and drilling.
- Knowledgeable in the use of mechanical, electrical tools, and maintenance shop equipment.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair common hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical problems for both production equipment and the buildings and grounds.
- Basic knowledge of building plumbing, water, compressed air, and other utilities as necessary to repair these systems.
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Complete routine paperwork.
- Basic computer skills.
- A basic ability to understand written/oral instructions in English
- Ability to follow instructions quickly and accurately and work overtime, as needed.
- Flexibility with daily task assignments
- Applying safe lifting techniques for lifting and carrying necessary materials and equipment, to include:
- The ability to lift to 35 pounds consistently, 50 pounds occasionally.
- The ability to lift, bend, stand and walk 8+ hours a day.
- Full medical, vision, dental plans.
- Optional short term and long-term disability insurance.
- 401K savings plans with generous company match.
- Company paid life insurance.
- Paid time off, plus holidays.
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave.
- Wellness Subsidies, including gym membership discounts.
NCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are vital parts of our culture and drive NCW’s growth. NCW Is an employer and business partner dedicated to elevating the quality of life of our employees, clients, and communities. You belong here.