NCW https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63100/logos/ncw-logo-social-media.png https://www.teamncw.com https://www.teamncw.com true
Industrial Maintenance Technician
Augusta, GA 30906 US
Posted: 03/21/2023 2023-03-21 2023-04-26 Industry: Skilled Manufacturing Job Number: JB934321210
JOB TYPE: Full-time
SALARY: $30 - $38 Hourly (DOE)
SHIFT: All shifts, 4 X 10's, Weekend Availability
The Industrial Maintenance Technician works independently and with other plant personnel to perform preventative, predictive, and routine maintenance tasks. You will troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facilities equipment, and ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness. All tasks will be performed while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
- Demonstrates a safety-first mindset approach during execution of duties.
- Performs both electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repair of production equipment from basic hydraulic and mechanical equipment to complex PLC-controlled machinery.
- Performs preventive and predictive maintenance on production equipment.
- Effectively troubleshoots failures and works in a team environment to determine root cause of failure.
- Participates in plant shift meetings and continuous improvement activities.
- Utilizes CMMS system to manage work orders, create and review work history, and manage parts use.
- Conducts predictive maintenance inspections using predictive technologies such as vibration analysis, ultrasonic, oil analysis, and thermography.
- Replaces and repairs parts; rebuilds equipment; and aligns gears, shafts, pulleys, and belts.
- Ensures all safety procedures, practices, and regulations are followed before, during, and after the process to foster a positive safety culture by having a safety-first mindset and approach during execution of activities.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Highly motivated, disciplined problem-solver/ troubleshooter.
- PLC test equipment experience including troubleshooting, repairs, PMs, and other world-class maintenance measures.
- Experience conducting predictive maintenance inspections using predictive technologies such as vibration analysis, ultrasonic, oil analysis, and thermography.
- Experience replacing and repairing parts; rebuilding equipment; and aligning gears, shafts, pulleys, and belts.
- Experienced, preferably by formal training, in principles and standards for mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical equipment operations
- Strong mathematical skills to include basic algebra for calculation of electrical/electronic equations as applicable.
- Experience demonstrating successful support of a positive safety culture.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation(s)
- Excellent safety record
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong ethics and ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high-volume environment with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment or distribution center environment.
- Ability to work exposed to seasonal temperatures that may be extreme at times, including excessive heat or cold.
- Ability to provide mechanical and technical guidance and expertise to level 1 and level 2 technicians to continually improve the education, experience, and skill set within the department (teach/coach/mentor)
- Post-secondary education and/or a technical trade certificate a plus
- Ability to provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19, subject to applicable exceptions under federal and state law.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Personal Advancement
- Retirement & 401K
- Referral Program
NCW is a professional & personable staffing + recruiting partner that has been in the talent business for over 20 years. We know what good talent is, and we know what employers are looking for! If you want to feel like you’re on a team and not just another number or transaction, you should apply through NCW. We prioritize people, not money (unless it’s going into your wallet) and do our best to make the hiring process as smooth as possible for everyone. Our motivation is to find a perfect fit for YOU! Leave the hunting to us.
NCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are vital parts of our culture and drive NCW’s growth. NCW Is an employer and business partner dedicated to elevating the quality of life of our employees, clients, and communities. You belong here.