Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Greenwod, IN 46143 US
JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
COMP: $28/hr. - $38/hr.
SHIFT: Fri - Sun, 12 hours (6am-6pm)
The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic will serve as a vital resource in ensuring uptime of a variety of material handling equipment to drive optimum efficiency and productivity. This role requires diverse skill sets to troubleshoot a variety of machines that are essential to maintaining productivity. As a Lead Maintenance Mechanic, you will provide essential guidance on repairs, delegate daily tasks, complete “end-of-shift" handoffs, and serve as the primary point of contact for Managers and Supervisors. Qualified candidates will have 2-10+ years of experience operating and performing preventative maintenance on various warehouse material handling equipment.
- Maintaining industrial electrical systems, motor controls, and electronics, to include:
- Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers, and wiring methods/materials
- Designing and building specifications for new electrical circuits
- Maintain Material Handling Systems, such as conveyors, case erectors and sortation equipment, to include:
- Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components—photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, and encoders
- Troubleshooting PLC ladder logic (read use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules, and devices) and communications protocols.
- Modifying programming codes to change the operation of conveyors and interpreting multiple programming code languages.
- Maintaining battery powered equipment, to include:
- Performing basic maintenance of powered equipment manufacturers, such as Raymond, Crown, Toyota, etc.
- Maintaining building and grounds
- Performing carpentry work as necessary.
- Performing basic troubleshooting of HVAC equipment
- Performing other general warehouse tasks as assigned
- Inputting information in CMMS program; ensuring paperwork completion by all associates at the end of shift, and related duties.
- A High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
- 2-10+ years of experience operating and performing preventative maintenance on various warehouse material handling equipment
- Must have Repair Certification for Powered Equipment
- Knowledge of communication protocols
- A proven ability to troubleshoot all MHE peripherals.
- Must be able to communicate on all levels and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- A basic ability to understand written/oral instructions in English.
- Ability to follow instructions quickly and accurately and work overtime, as needed.
- Flexibility with daily task assignments
- Applying safe lifting techniques for lifting and carrying necessary materials and equipment, to include:
- The ability to lift to 35 pounds consistently, 50 pounds occasionally.
- The ability to lift, bend, stand and walk 8+ hours a day.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement & 401K (matching)
- Personal Advancement
NCW is a professional & personable staffing + recruiting partner that has been in the talent business for over 20 years. We know what good talent is, and we know what employers are looking for! If you want to feel like you’re on a team and not just another number or transaction, you should apply through NCW. We prioritize people, not money (unless it’s going into your wallet) and do our best to make the hiring process as smooth as possible for everyone. Our motivation is to find a perfect fit for YOU! Leave the hunting to us.
NCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are vital parts of our culture and drive NCW’s growth. NCW Is an employer and business partner dedicated to elevating the quality of life of our employees, clients, and communities. You belong here.