NCW https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63100/logos/ncw-logo-social-media.png https://www.teamncw.com https://www.teamncw.com true
Industrial Engineer B
Waukegan, IL 60085 US
Posted: 04/03/2023 2023-04-03 2023-07-01 Industry: Engineering Job Number: MP982329
Position Title: Industrial Engineer B
- Designs process and control systems for product manufactured and distributed by the Buffalo Grove (BG) facility. Plans and controls the factory and line layouts. Responsible for the product process flow and labor costs. Leads multiple projects and supports engineers with their product launches.
- Works under limited supervision and has the authority to make decisions directly related to operational processes, work methods, and labor cost. Independently makes decisions related to topics and issues, which are complex in nature and typically involve participation from many parties including customers and suppliers.
- B.S. degree in Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of engineering experience in an ISO-certified manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge gained from actual experience with manufacturing concepts such as factory layout, line balancing, workflow analysis, capacity analysis, employee training, 5S, cost analysis, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of business operations including production planning, scheduling, MRP, ATP, and capacity planning. Thorough understanding of Product Data Management and its impact on Supply Chain Management.
- Strong knowledge of ergonomic principles. Ability to perform ergonomic risk assessments, etc.
- Strong problem-solving and process improvement ability. Excellent project management and organizational skills, strong self-initiative, and efficient multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 standards and compliance requirements. Experience with generating and maintaining procedures, work instructions, and forms. Ability to perform ISO audits.
- Excellent computer skills including advanced knowledge and proficiency with the latest versions of SAP, AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Access. Exposure to Pro-Engineer or other solid modeling applications.
- Advanced analytical and troubleshooting skills. Excellent communication skills, including training and presentation abilities.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Design control systems, process flow, and line layout for new and existing products. Create and ensure project launch schedules, prepare, and control process master data, implement line balancing, capacity analysis, etc.
- Design and implement factory equipment. Create factory layouts and incorporate new equipment.
- Maintain processes essential to assure product quality. Analyze data and trends and create performance reports for customers and for internal use.
- Investigate and analyze product and process changes. Create and oversee Engineering Change Order implementation among affected departments (i.e. Supply Chain Management, Production, etc.).
- Participate in ISO and customer audits. Support communication with external auditing agencies and customers to resolve open issues.
- Participate in supplier audit teams and evaluate/authorize new suppliers for use. Conduct analysis of supplier capability, processes, etc.
- Prepare and control departmental budgets for production-related capital projects and factory expenses. Manage capital implementation projects according to budget. Typical budgets range from $10K to $200K, with total engineering budgets of more than ~$3M annually.
- Identify and implement opportunities for continual improvement. This includes cost reduction and process improvements, design changes, labor savings, etc. Provide cost analysis in the form of return on investment, break-even analysis, and/or annual total.
- Participate in company-sponsored activities, including employee suggestion programs, quality training, safety committee, etc. Perform other duties as required.
- Design Engineering / Quality Sections (Introduction of Products from design to production)
- Production (Work-in-process problem solving, product and process training)
- Supply Chain Management (Capacity Planning)
- Safety Committee
- Industrial Engineering A - Achieve the necessary qualifications. Express the willingness and capability to supervise others. Demonstrate the ability to lead and manage large-scale projects involving multiple departments to completion with minimal to no supervision. Demonstrate excellent leadership, project management, and organizational skills.
- Accessibility to Buffalo Grove, Waukegan, and New Berlin Facilities. Out-of-state travel is required up to 10%.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40lb packages.
- Ability to make sound decisions quickly regarding quality problems or other situations, which may impact productivity or cause production line shutdown.
- Excellent communication skills with sound training, presentation, and report writing abilities.
- Ability to see, distinguishes colors, hear, and touch.