Indianapolis, IN 46256 US
JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
COMP: $85K - $95K Annually + Bonus
Our client is looking for a General Manager, who will be responsible for driving revenue and EBITDA growth for a branch or multiple branches. This role is accountable for leading our teams and ensuring jobs are completed on time, correctly and to the satisfaction of our customers. You will collaborate with service managers, shop and support staff, technicians, customers, sales, engineers and others to help deliver best-in-class service. This is a fast-paced and demanding role with high visibility within the company.
- Manage systems delivery process from order receipt to project completion.
- Review financial statements and data. Utilize financial data to improve profitability. Prepare and control operational budgets.
- Lead billing and costing meetings for all projects. Control inventory. Plan effective strategies for the financial well-being of the company.
- Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Establish organizational structures. Delegate tasks and accountabilities including hiring, development, productivity, employee engagement and disciplinary responsibility.
- Coordinate and monitor the work of subcontractors to ensure professional quality, timely and cost-effective installation and delivery process. Monitor performance and implement improvements.
- Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as efficient maintenance of project paperwork to include contracts, revisions, estimates, work drawing and specifications. Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
- Strategic Input and Liaison with top management. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operation plans.
- Leadership role in developing, implementing and measuring standard work in our installation and service businesses.
- Owns complete project delivery process from point of signed sales order, through technician/sub-contractor, installation and customer sign-off and billing.
- Responsible for expanding customer base and growing Service agreement base.
- Works with the legal department to ensure full compliance with company contract requirements.
- Engage in regular communications with sales, customers and vendors to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or relevant related experience will be considered and 5 – 7 years of business experience in sales and / or operations, with a minimum of 3 years of related Field Leadership experience preferably within the service industry.
- Master’s Degree and 7 + years of leadership experience within the life safety industry with previous Business Growth P&L responsibility.
- NICET Level 1 & 2 Certified.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices.
- Experience with employee relations, talent management/engagement, team building, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Superior management skills, excellent time management, planning, and forward-thinking skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Expert familiarity with applicable codes (i.e., NFPA).
- Available for occasional business travel, which may include nights and weekends.
- Pay range $85,000-95,000 annually + bonus.
- Education & Certification reimbursement program
- Referral bonuses starting at $1,000 per referral.
- Comprehensive medical plan options, including dental and vision.
- 401K plan with company match
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, and paid parental leave.
- Management opportunities
- Company giveaways
- Opportunities for community service and charity involvement
- Work at a mission-driven company, focused on people.
- Continued growth and expansion into new markets and products and services
NCW is a professional & personable staffing + recruiting partner that has been in the talent business for over 20 years. We know what good talent is, and we know what employers are looking for! If you want to feel like you’re on a team and not just another number or transaction, you should apply through NCW. We prioritize people, not money (unless it’s going into your wallet) and do our best to make the hiring process as smooth as possible for everyone. Our motivation is to find a perfect fit for YOU! Leave the hunting to us.