Fire Alarm & Suppression Technicians Level 1-4
Dayton, OH 45414 US
COMP: $24/Hr. -$36 +/Hr.
SHIFT: Monday – Friday, OT, Weekends, and Holidays as needed.
We are looking for Fire Alarm and Suppressions Technicians levels 1 through 4. The technician will perform a variety of life safety trade functions that relate to both fire alarm and fire suppression. The ideal candidate will have experience in fire protection and can successfully perform inspection, installation, testing, service and repairs of fire alarm systems and pre-engineered suppression systems. Salary based on the level of the technician, years of experience, and industry standard certifications.
- Install, inspect, and test all types of fire alarm and engineered and pre-engineered suppression systems at the required frequencies per requirements and instructions contained in the NFPA codes and standards.
- Programming, testing, final inspections, as-built drawings, and customer training for installation.
- Troubleshoot and perform service and repairs.
- Record and document all inspections, repairs, discrepancies, and recommendations.
- Perform on-site and/or off-site emergency troubleshooting.
- Maintain vehicle, equipment, tools, and keep vehicle stocked with parts, equipment, and supplies necessary to perform the job.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the customer and pass on information to the proper personnel for follow up, quotes, questions, or concerns.
- Work in compliance with the Company’s safety program.
- 1 –10 + years of experience in fire detection and signaling systems.
- NICET Certifications (level of certification required depends on level of technician).
- Experience with electrical wiring and circuitry.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and wiring diagrams.
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Ability to calculate basic math including fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Must be knowledgeable and able to understand and operate basic computer functions, operating systems and software applications such as Windows, Word, Outlook, Apple IOS, Android. You will be required to learn and use industry-specific devices and software.
- Acute attention to detail and highly organized.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Time Management skills.
- Excellent communication skills oral, written, and interpersonal skills. Legible handwriting required.
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed and number of hours may vary based on work location.
- Physical ability to work 8+ hours per day walking, stooping, bending, crouching, climbing, reaching overhead, pushing, pulling, and lifting heavy weights.
- Wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance with safety standards.
- Bonus Opportunities.
- Internal Level-UP Program.
- Comprehensive medical plan options, including dental and vision.
- 401K with company matching.
- Paid time off, paid holidays, and paid parental leave.
- Education reimbursement program.
"NCW is a professional & personable staffing + recruiting partner that has been in the talent business for over 20 years. We know what good talent is, and we know what employers are looking for! If you want to feel like you’re on a team and not just another number or transaction, you should apply through NCW. We prioritize people, not money (unless it’s going into your wallet) and do our best to make the hiring process as smooth as possible for everyone. Our motivation is to find a perfect fit for YOU! Leave the hunting to us."