Senior Estimator will be responsible for doing a complete estimate of a project utilizing On-screen Take off and Quickbid. Estimator will need to analyze requirement documents, blueprints and project plans to gain a thorough understanding of the project. The Estimator will have an understanding of various standards and specialty drywall and drywall ceilings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Development of estimates for commercial projects.
• Ability to present estimates to management in the review process.
• Utilize industry best practices for incorporating direct costs, indirect costs, support cost and overheads into project estimates.
• Support cost estimating tools and databases to ensure estimates are well documented and updated based on project actuals.
• Support process improvement program for tools and metrics to measure cost estimate accuracy, man-hour estimates to actuals, speed accuracy and cost to develop estimates, and ensure evolve estimate precision based on historical project estimates vs. actuals.
• Determining what factors of production will influence the cost of a service and/or product.
• Prepare material estimates and cost estimates for the product and/or service.
• Create labor estimates for projects.
• Manage bids from vendors and contractors.
• Using bid data to prepare detailed cost analysis.
• Familiar with construction industry practices, methods, materials, installations, specifications, and conditions.
• High School diploma with proven experience, or associated degree with experience.
• 10 - 15+ years prior experience in Estimating Experience of commercial drywall and/or ceiling projects.
• Ability to interpret and analyze financial documents.
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are a must.
• Must be able to work individually and as a team player.
• Experience with On-screen Takeoff / Quick Bid or similar estimating software
• Familiarity with formal procurement and submittal processes such as RFQ, RFI, RFP.
• Proficient Computer Skills, including Microsoft Office