Estimator- Irvine, CA
Irvine, California 92618 US
TYPE OF JOB: Full-time
COMP RANGE: $100,000 -$130,000
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architectural or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience.
- Project experience: High-rise, Mixed-use, Multi Family Required.
- Ability to read and understand specifications and drawings.
- Ability to make accurate judgments and calculations.
- Working knowledge of construction costs and principles.
- Estimating experience (quantity takeoffs, purchasing accounting; engineering design knowledge and project management experience desirable).
- Review quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for all items incorporated in the assigned scope.
- Take lead role in Lump Sum (LS) bids.Review drawings, specifications and all other construction documents.
- Make senior management aware of design-related problems, completeness of documents and other potential risks.
- Work in conjunction with Operations to ensure that detailed General Conditions/Requirement (GC/GRs) estimates are prepared, and review with others as needed.
- Analyze cost data, unit prices, back-page costs, and information that can be developed and used as a “rule of thumb” for all building systems estimated costs.
- Responsible for the preparation of preliminary estimates and studies during preconstruction to monitor design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and potential problem areas.
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed and delivered within timeframes allotted.
- Assist Purchasing in evaluating and analyzing subcontractor proposals.
- Derive systems quantities for Building Information Models (BIM) and other estimating software in order to provide complete estimate.
NCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are a vital part of our culture and drive NCW’s growth. NCW is an employer and business partner dedicated to elevating the quality of life of our employees, clients, and communities. You belong here.