Electrical Maintenance Technician
Carrollton, GA 30117 US
COMP: $27 - $37 Hourly (DOE)
SHIFT: Days (7am-7pm), Nights (7pm-7am)
The Electrical Maintenance Technician will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of industrial machinery. This will include installation and repair of equipment, performing routine services, preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting equipment breakdowns. This successful candidate for this position will have a solid background in electrical and mechanical maintenance, and a consistent work history. Pay is based on experience.
- Performs preventative electrical and mechanical maintenance functions as directed
- Servicing and maintaining equipment including motors and conveyor systems, transmission systems, and production-related equipment.
- Performs both electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repair of production equipment from basic hydraulic and mechanical equipment to complex PLC-controlled machinery.
- Performs preventive and predictive maintenance on production equipment.
- Effectively troubleshoots failures and works in a team environment to determine root cause of failure.
- Utilizes CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System) system to manage work orders, create and review work history, and manage parts use.
- Carry out diagnosis and correct or replace malfunctioning electronic units
- Carry out diagnosis and ensure replacement of pneumatic, mechanical, hydraulic components of equipment and machines which are faulty.
- React to emergency breakdowns.
- Organize safe maintenance principles for regulating and scheduling breakdowns
- Adhere to all company operational and safety procedures and policies.
- Other duties as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education and/or technical trade certificate a plus.
- Prior electrical experience (3-phase, 120V up to 480V) working in an industrial setting (no license needed)
- PLC (Programable Logistic Controllers) test equipment experience including troubleshooting, repairs, PMs, and other world-class maintenance measures
- Proficient in comprehending schematics, hydraulics, and pneumatic diagrams, complex drawings and electrical specifications
- Proficient in the fundamental principles of electricity, control wiring, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of simple mechanics and machining methods
- Experience replacing and repairing parts; rebuilding equipment; and aligning gears, shafts, pulleys, and belts
- Continuous mental and visual attention always
- Communication skills verbal and written.
- Time management skills
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced warehouse/manufacturing environment.
- Welding experience a plus
- Physical ability to lift to 50 lbs.
- Highly motivated, disciplined problem-solver/troubleshooter.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Personal Advancement
- Retirement & 401K
NCW is a professional & personable staffing + recruiting partner that has been in the talent business for over 20 years. We know what good talent is, and we know what employers are looking for! If you want to feel like you’re on a team and not just another number or transaction, you should apply through NCW. We prioritize people, not money (unless it’s going into your wallet) and do our best to make the hiring process as smooth as possible for everyone. Our motivation is to find a perfect fit for YOU! Leave the hunting to us.
NCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are vital parts of our culture and drive NCW’s growth. NCW Is an employer and business partner dedicated to elevating the quality of life of our employees, clients, and communities. You belong here.