Director of Human Resources
Nappanee, IN 46550 US
JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
The Director of Human Resources is an integral part of the organization delivering strategic initiatives and working with leaders as well as ownership in the decision-making process with regards to the workforce as well as long-term corporate objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, direct, supervise and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, and employee relations.
- Serve as the link between managers and employees by handling questions and administering policies to resolve work-related issues.
- Work closely with ownership and executive team in developing plans for future initiatives, as well as ways to improve current objectives.
- Work with manufacturing management teams to ensure proper trainings are being done for new employees, continuous training programs are followed for current employees, and adherence to proper safety initiatives.
- Work hands-on with managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, and recommend any changes.
- Provide guidance to manufacturing staff relating to employee concerns, problems, and disciplinary action to comply with company policy.
- Take full ownership of improving culture, retention, training and development, and creating a family culture throughout the whole organization.
- Work collectively with leadership and finance on insurance relating to the building and staff.
- Ensures the organization is in full compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Build upon current onboarding practices and create an overarching strategy to improve hiring.
- Work with ownership on legal policy.
- Must possess a minimum of 10 years in leadership within Human Resources.
- Ideal candidate with come from a manufacturing environment i.e., Recreational Vehicles, Consumer Goods, Automotive.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or applicable field preferred, experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Prior experience working in a hands-on capacity with a passion for driving results throughout the organization.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Experienced leading multiple personnel and projects simultaneously.
- Strong conflict resolution, problem solving, and decision-making abilities.
NCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are vital parts of our culture and drive NCW’s growth. NCW Is an employer and business partner dedicated to elevating the quality of life of our employees, clients, and communities. You belong here.