Fort Myers, FL 33901 US
Our client is a National General Contractor looking for a Foreman working in the Ft. Myers area. This will be a direct hire, salary role.
The ideal candidate must have:
- 2+ years of construction management experience
- Commercial, disaster relief, high-rise, condominium, federal experience.
- Looking for “A” players with stable work history.
- Looking for candidates currently working for a medium or large general contractor.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Attend the post award review meeting to receive project information and details for preplanning prior to construction
- Participate with the project manager in preparing a schedule of construction activities and their sequence, the organization structure, staff selection, and the manpower and construction equipment requirements of the project
- Direct and control the total construction project to meet specifications and within the allotted time schedule in an efficient manner to produce the expected profit
- Assist in the activities of the project manager/engineer in their duties including prompt shipment of materials and permanent equipment, in obtaining approvals of shop drawings and material samples
- Coordinate the activities of subcontractors to permit them to perform their work effectively and to integrate it with project schedules and progress
- Inform all supervisors and subcontractors promptly of any construction schedule changes
- Assist in the preparation of all job progress and cost reports to accurately reflect actual costs
- Review and approve all requisitions, field purchase orders, invoices, and other significant reports and documents
- Cooperate with the owner and his representatives, keeping them informed of construction progress
- Cooperate with architects or owner representatives on an amicable basis, but in the long term interest of the company
- Hold jobsite meetings with project manager and the regional manager
- Report regularly to the project manager to keep them constantly informed on job progress, plans, and problems that could significantly affect costs or schedules
- Maintain a daily diary to permanently record all significant project facts, events, conditions, visitors, owner representative contacts, commitments, agreements and approvals
- Direct adherence to the company's safety program in all phases and areas of the project
*Competitive salary + bonus, excellent benefits, and additional perks!