Orem, UT 84058 US
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
COMP: $20/hr. (DOE)
SHIFT: 3rd, 12-hours (6pm – 6:30am)
We are looking for a CNC Operator for a 3rd shift position in Orem, UT. In this position you will set up and operate CNC machinery for Polycrystalline Diamond Compound (PDC) bearing production according to Lean principles, and ensure parts meet company and customer quality standards.
- Set up and run CNC equipment for lathe and mill machines for bearing production.
- Follow project blueprints to ensure quality & accuracy is met.
- Verify all measurements prior to machine setup.
- Inspect and measure parts for accuracy and conformance to product specifications.
- Follow the PM schedule and complete routine maintenance.
- Cross-train on multiple pieces of equipment and processes to maximize capabilities and productivity.
- Work at required pace (Takt)
- Some EDM and grinding machines work.
- Maintain 5s standards for work area.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-year of CNC machining experience is required. Basic machine shop knowledge preferred.
- Programming experience preferred.
- Manual Lathes and Mills experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Pro-E and Matlab.
- Experience with machine setup and program offsets.
- Versed with micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, gauges, and electronic indicators, etc.
- Basic math skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Multi-axis milling experience.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Excellent communication skills oral and written.
- Ability to establish and implement an individual development plan, seek learning, face challenges head-on, and create an environment of learning.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time; up to 12-hours.
- Have full range of body motion (lifting, kneeling, squatting, and twisting).
- Use Safety Equipment required (Safety Glasses, Latex/Nitrile Gloves and Respirator).
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Personal Advancement
- Retirement & 401K