Belleville, IL 62220 US
- Works in a safe manner in compliance with operations manuals and regulations as appropriate. Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Reads and interprets drawings, sketches, specifications, and manuals to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Reads and interprets programs written in Mazatrol and or G&M code to verify the proper sequence of operations and establish target dimensions.
- Sets up and operates many different machinery types and brands including:
- CNC Lathes with Live Tooling - Mazak and Doosan
- CNC Vertical Mills - Mazak
- CNC Horizontal Mills - Doosan and Haas
- Manual engine lathes, Bridgeport mills, and radial drills
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines. Performs set-up in a job shop environment.
- Performs practical problem-solving of machining issues regarding the process and or programming on the fly.
- Utilizes jib and overhead cranes to load parts into machines and fixtures.
- Drives forklift safely and efficiently to transport material to and from the machine as needed.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining variables such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve input, or edit computerized machine controls.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specification to assure quality using conventional machine shop measurement tools (tape measure, scale, calipers, inside and outside micrometers, depth gauges, etc)
- Maintains acceptable levels of production against standards.
- Completes all necessary production, process, attendance, and quality records as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Prior experience in a machine shop. 3 to 5 years Preferred AND/OR
- Trade school certificate from college or technical school in Precision Machining or Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Current students in the program are encouraged to apply.