CNC Machinist - 2nd Shift
Salt Lake City, UT 84104 US
JOB TYPE: Full-time
COMP: $26/hr. - $32/hr.
We are looking for a skilled CNC Machinist in Salt Lake City. In this position you will interpret client specifications, enter them into the CNC machine, set up the machine and monitor it as it operates, ensuring excellence of the product by following inspection protocols and detecting errors before products are released.
- Assist in set-ups of simple (uncomplicated and straightforward) jobs and operate conventional, special-purpose, and computerized numerical control (CNC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts and fits and assemble machined parts into complete units, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machinability of materials, and layout techniques. Able to run multiple machines at one time.
- Review and understand blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and set up requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and tooling pre-setter.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, height gauges, and gauge blocks.
- Checks for machine readiness to ensure functionality and performance.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems
- Maintain a clean work area and ensure safe operation of all equipment.
- Perform and document Operator Preventative Maintenance operations as needed.
- Comply with all company safety and operating procedures and policies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous CNC machining experience is required.
- Job Shop Experience
- Ability to program machines is a plus.
- Ability to understand G-Code
- Experience with machine set-up and program offsets.
- Experience with multi-axis milling and lathe equipment is preferred.
- Versed with using micrometers and calipers.
- Versed with blueprint reading and CMM outputs.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Values precision and enforces quality standards.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Personal Advancement
- Retirement & 401K
NCW is a professional & personable staffing + recruiting partner that has been in the talent business for over 20 years. We know what good talent is, and we know what employers are looking for! If you want to feel like you’re on a team and not just another number or transaction, you should apply through NCW. We prioritize people, not money (unless it’s going in your wallet) and do our best to make the hiring process as smooth as possible for everyone. Our motivation is to find a perfect fit for YOU! Leave the hunting to us.
NCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are a vital part of our culture and drive NCW’s growth. NCW Is an employer and business partner dedicated to elevating the quality of life of our employees, clients, and communities. You belong here.