Business Development Rep - Fulton, MD
Fulton, MD 20723 US
- Responsible for achieving regional sales, profit and revenue goals and objectives.
- Responsible for driving client relationships & sales for scopes of work including, but not limited to: laboratory furniture, doors, frames and hardware, specialties, architectural woodwork, ornamental metals, and medical equipment projects targeting private, industrial, college/university, healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotech and government markets.
- Network with and develop clients through meetings, industry events and participation in local construction affiliations.
- Delivers outstanding customer service which includes responding effectively to customer requests, resolving issues, and meeting all commitments in a timely manner.
- Utilizes market data, trends and forecasting to qualify project leads.
- Prepare and deliver formal Sales presentations to clients.
- Facilitate bid proposal and document controls throughout the sales life cycle and provide proper turnover to estimating and operations.
- Develop an overall sales strategy by assessing project risks, logistics, contract documents, vendors, subcontractors and competitors.
- Proven track record of executing all steps to develop and close large contracts.
- Develop and communicate strategies utilizing internal teams to minimize risk and maximize profit and closure opportunities.
- Prepare and finalize bid proposals to clients.
- Negotiate on companies behalf for the best possible contract terms.
- Provide pre-construction architectural assistance and budget support to clients.
- Perform all necessary project follow-up, status tracking, closure and price recaps.
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Business Administration or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Experience with construction sales or related fields
- Has an established network of General ContractorsKnowledge/Skills
- Extensive knowledge of company product lines
- Excellent track record of negotiating, relationship building and closing construction sales opportunities
- Developing the ability to close, estimate and negotiate work independently
- High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 3 years of Construction experience or experience in a related field
- General Construction or specific subcontracting construction knowledge.
- Proven relationship building skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, Bluebeam and PowerPoint.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as a team member
Customer Service Skills:
- Demonstrates commitment to deliver outstanding service – both with internal and external customers
- Takes ownership to personally resolve customer problems (or find someone who can)
- Listens well, asks clarifying questions, and checks for agreement with customers
- Committed to following-up with customers in all instances in a timely manner
- Strong sense of accountability - ensures that you will do what you say that you are going to do
- Creates a personal connection with customers – smiles, warm greetings, acts friendly and respectful
- Positive attitude