Burner Operator - 1st Shift
Indianapolis, IN 46226 US
JOB TYPE: Full-time
COMP: $18/hr. - $23/hr. (DOE)
SHIFT: 1st, Monday - Friday
NCW is seeking an experienced Burner Operator. In this position you will be responsible for processing quality products safely and efficiently by setting up, operating, and performing simple programming of a Burner Operator.
- Identify paperwork/work order documents and make a mental map of how each order will fit on a table, group orders by thickness; prioritize according to supervisor's input, 2nd runs, customer will call or other requirements.
- Locate material on floor, locate material in staging, home location or plate drop racks, select/hook up proper material handling equipment: chains assembly with plate hooks, or plate dog, magnet, spreader bar, find and place dunnage on table as needed.
- Select proper tips for burner torch depending on material to be cut and desired edge.
- Program CNC computer per work order instructions, clean scrap slag off finished parts as they are cut, stack parts on skid and place in 3 yd hopper for transporting to tumbler slag cleaning machine.
- After cleaning all slag on both sides, place parts on skid for packaging, noting customer unloading requirements - max skids, etc.
- Shrink wrap as needed, band material with steel banding, label skid with order number, customer name, PO number if required.
- Remove all scrape from table, place in dumpster, and place finished order in staging area required.
- Understand, follow, comply with all company safety and operating procedures and policies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience required.
- Previous experience in a warehouse/manufacturing setting.
- Ability to lift to 50 LBS., climbing up and down the burning table and forklifts.
- Stepping in and around layouts, lifting boards/dunnage onto table, bending, and lifting to stack small pieces/bags (fished goods) of table, in and out of tumbler and onto skids.
- Changing forklift propane tanks - as needed.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Personal Advancement
- Retirement & 401K
NCW is a professional & personable staffing + recruiting partner that has been in the talent business for over 20 years. We know what good talent is, and we know what employers are looking for! If you want to feel like you’re on a team and not just another number or transaction, you should apply through NCW. We prioritize people, not money (unless it’s going in your wallet) and do our best to make the hiring process as smooth as possible for everyone. Our motivation is to find a perfect fit for YOU! Leave the hunting to us.
NCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are a vital part of our culture and drive NCW’s growth. NCW Is an employer and business partner dedicated to elevating the quality of life of our employees, clients, and communities. You belong here.