Break Press Operator - 2nd Shift
Indianapolis, IN 46226 US
JOB TYPE: Full-time
COMP: $18/hr. - $23/hr. (DOE)
SHIFT: 2nd, M-F (3pm-11pm)
We are looking for skilled Brake Press Operators with excellent attention to detail to join our team in Indianapolis. You will assist in the manufacturing of quality products safely and efficiently by setting up, operating, and programming fabrication machines (e.g., brake press, punch press, and other CNC fabrication machines).
- Prepares production equipment for operation by making setup adjustments, assisting with equipment changeovers.
- Check height, depth, and thickness using micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, gauges, and other precision-measuring instruments.
- Perform first-piece and in-process inspection, completing production control charts, analyzing recordings and making equipment adjustments.
- Follow preventative maintenance policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all company safety and operational policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years of prior manufacturing brake press operations needed; Amada Brake Press experience preferred.
- Prior experience with sheet metal fabrication preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Prior experience operating powered lift truck a plus.
- Must have your own tools.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Communication skills verbal and written.
- Willing and able to work in a physically demanding environment (this includes moderate to loud noise levels).
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly, up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to work 8+ hours a day standing, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting heavy weights.
- Willingness to work overtime if necessary.
- Basic math skills.
- Proficient in use of precision-measuring instruments (micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, gauges).
- Time management skills.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Personal Advancement
- Retirement & 401K