Brake Press Operator - 2nd Shift
Salt Lake City, UT 84104 US
JOB TYPE: Full-time
COMP: $18 - $25/hr. (DOE)
SHIFT: 2nd, Monday - Friday
We are looking for skilled Brake Press Operators with excellent attention to detail to join our team in Salt Lake City. The Press Brake Operator will be an active member of the production team that will assist in the manufacturing of quality products safely and efficiently by setting up, operating, and programming fabrication machines (e.g., brake press, punch press, and other CNC fabrication machines). Prior experience with Amada Brake Press preferred but not necessary.
- Prepares production equipment for operation by making setup adjustments, assisting with equipment changeovers.
- Check height, depth, and thickness using micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, gauges, and other precision-measuring instruments.
- Perform first-piece and in-process inspection, completing production control charts, analyzing recordings and making equipment adjustments.
- Follow preventative maintenance policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all company safety and operational policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years of prior manufacturing brake press operations needed; Amada Brake Press experience preferred.
- Prior experience with sheet metal fabrication preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Prior experience operating powered lift truck a plus.
- Must have your own tools.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Communication skills verbal and written.
- Willing and able to work in a physically demanding environment (this includes moderate to loud noise levels).
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly, up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to work 8+ hours a day standing, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting heavy weights.
- Willingness to work overtime if necessary.
- Basic math skills.
- Proficient in use of precision-measuring instruments (micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, gauges).
- Time management skills.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
- Personal Advancement
- Retirement & 401K
NCW is a professional & personable staffing + recruiting partner that has been in the talent business for over 20 years. We know what good talent is, and we know what employers are looking for! If you want to feel like you’re on a team and not just another number or transaction, you should apply through NCW. We prioritize people, not money (unless it’s going in your wallet) and do our best to make the hiring process as smooth as possible for everyone. Our motivation is to find a perfect fit for YOU! Leave the hunting to us.
NCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are vital parts of our culture and drive NCW’s growth. NCW Is an employer and business partner dedicated to elevating the quality of life of our employees, clients, and communities. You belong here.