Assistant Pallet Shop Manager
Laurinburg, NC 28353 US
JOB TYPE: Full-time
COMP: $17/hr. - $/22/hr.
SHIFT: Days, Monday - Friday
We are seeking a proven team leader to assist the Pallet Manager in overseeing production operations, ensuring that the quality of pallets and on time delivery. As the Assistant Pallet Shop Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the production process continuously runs smooth and efficiently by watching skilled and unskilled employees involved in stacking, basic machining, production, and organizing workflows ensuring that production processes deliver products of maximum quality in a profitable manner.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of skilled and unskilled employees involved in stacking, basic machining, and production.
- Supervises the setup of various machines Assign and check work and take corrective action.
- Accountable for results in terms of cost, methods quality, quantity operation and personnel.
- Assist pallet manager and in the absence of pallet mgr. perform the following: Assure all pallet employees are working scheduled time.
- Maintain continuous production flow through verbal and written pallet specifications.
- Supervise daily operation.
- Maintain daily inventory, to meet customer schedules.
- In absence of pallet mgr., coordinate with the Pole Mill and Sawmill mgrs., of daily cutting schedule needs.
- Schedule flat beds and vans daily through communication with Transportation personnel (obtain schedule from pallet mgr.)
- In absence of pallet mgr., meet and schedule daily production with scheduling manager.
- Maintain and control load sheet of trailer numbers, load counts and assures quality prior to shipping.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma plus addition specialized training in supervision.
- Excellence attendance
- Excellent communication skills, people skills, work ethics, and a consistent work history.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Dedicated to maintaining commitment to quality.
- Excellent measurement and shop math skills.
- Knowledge of current labor laws and company policies and procedures.
- Work in a safe manner.
- Remain calm when under pressure.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Personal Advancement
- Retirement & 401K
NCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are a vital part of our culture and drives NCW’s growth. NCW Is an employer and business partner dedicated to elevating the quality of life of our employees, clients, and communities. You belong here.